The much awaited 14th International Anti-Corruption Conference, popularly known as 14IACC, is about to start in few hours. The conference is being held at Queen Sirikit National Convention Center, one of the biggest convention centers in Bangkok.
I am one of the eight young Asian journalists selected to cover the 14th IACC in social media.
If you aren’t here in Bangkok you don’t need to worry much because we(the social media team) will not only report the speeches, workshops, abstracts and reports but also tweet the excitements and good spirit of the participants. Our major objective is to spark an online discussion. And we welcome your comments, feedbacks, ideas, recommendations and suggestions on the issues that are going to be discussed. Best questions and recommendations will be put to the speakers.
The four day event has got different thematic streams and they are:
- Restoring Trust for Peace and Security
- Fuelling Transparency and Accountability in the Natural Resources and Energy Markets
- Climate Governance: Ensuring a Collective Commitment
- Strengthening Global Action for an Accountable Corporate World
- Reaching our Millennium Development Goals
- Special Sessions on “Restoring Trust: Global Action for Transparency
- 14th IACC People’s Empowerment Special sessions
Ahead of the inauguration of the conference, Barry O’Keefe, the chairman of IACC–talking with TRUSTLAW– hoped that the conference will find practical strategies to deal with the most apparent forms of corruption and to restore the people’s trust in key institution.